So you want great service....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pass the salt please....


Considering how long I've been in food service, you'd think nothing could surprise me anymore!

And we'd all be wrong! :)  This little happening amused me, so it's going to be the first post on the new blog!

Old Fashioned Woman Pouring Salt - Royalty Free Clipart Picture
My restaurant has a full salad bar and of course that's one of the main attractions.  I had the section next to it Friday night, and I saw a guest leave the bar with a salad and go over to one of my tables (nope, I was NOT their server), climb over the booth, grabbed the salt shaker and salted their salad.

Always willing to help, I went over and apologized and asked him if I needed to bring a salt and pepper shaker to THEIR table...since obviously they seemed to be missing...why else would someone go to all that trouble?

They looked at me like I was the crazy one, and said.....

"I'm using yours because there's no salt on the SALAD BAR!!"
There was absolutely nothing to say to that! Seldom am I speechless. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment