So you want great service....

Monday, May 9, 2011

Funny you should ask...


I'm working on a tip list of how you can get excellent service wherever you go.....

(OK, yes I know, sometimes the server is just BAD, we'll talk about that in another post!)
Trust me, servers hate getting bad service just as much as you do!

First rule to getting great service at in a restaurant. 

PART ONE:

Communicate. Yep, talk to me. I know you've had a horrible day....

your daughter/son/ex/cousin ran over the neighbors dog...(the dog is fine, by the way)
Your boss/co-worker/teacher asked you for an unreasonable amount of work/meetings/affairs in 8 hours...
The husband/ex/wife/girlfriend/lover/boyfriend is cheating with your sister/boyfriend/girlfriend/ex....
You've got a headache and you just want something to drink and eat...
How HARD could that be????
LOL  Sometimes that seems impossible doesn't it?

So let's go back to when you sat down, your server (who has a 30 SECOND rule to greet the table or be reprimanded) is there already...OMG you just don't want to hear the spiel...
They say "Hello...my..." and never looking up you growl... "Water".

OK, we know right there you don't want to chat! Got it, not a problem, we have bad days too.
Of course, you could look up and tell us..."I've had a horrible day, could I please just have some water."

Same results, but the server instead of thinking "How RUDE" is thinking "Poor thing..I know how you feel!"

I'm gonna let you think that one through and tell me which scenario means you're going to get more attentive service!

Oh wow, I haven't even made it to the second course...but I have to go get someone some water!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Interesting blog, and interesting post. I am following you and hope to come back often!

    ReplyDelete